Sunday, April 01, 2012

April Challenge hosted by new DT member

Hello everyone!

It is April 1st and to start the new month, our new DT member, Agnieszka of Bellaidea is hosting this challenge this month.

"My real name is Agnieszka. I remember that I used to be a lawyer but now I’m bothering my head about more important things. Together with my husband – I’m still dating him – we’re taking care of our two treasures – a Girl and a Boy. Probably, you’ve already discovered that I’m rather a secretive person. I’ll disclose you that I love travelling, taking photos, orange and African bush aroma, cheesecake with real vanilla, Pavlova dessert, old books, pictures, houses, doilies, trips with friends to Italy, evenings by the fireplace, only one kind of milk chocolate, mystery perfumes, nut ice-creams, reading children books (no matter they can read by themselves), audiobooks during long distance drives, opening new stamps, praising people for their talent and creativity and meeting with other nice ladies for a cup of coffee.

This list could be much longer, especially, in the course of time there’re less and less things that I don’t like. Not because I become more tolerant but I don’t care about less important Things.

But I should write about scrapbooking, shouldn’t I? Well, about two years ago I was making Christmas cards with my kids. I needed new Angel-shape punchers. I clicked on scrapbooking section in one of the online shops and then it all started… I like pastels and intense colors as well. I admire monochromatic projects too! Usually, after making a dark LO I turn myself to delicate LO and then again I use black paper in the next work… I design my favourite 12×12 Lo’s for several websites. It satisfies me strongly. I love challenges and I often take part in them. Sometimes the effects are really surprising. I don’t stick to one particular style. I collect laces and small doilies and recently also wooden frames and boxes. There’re lots of ideas how to use them in my head.

I`m very happy several of my layouts will be publish soon in different scrapboking magazines.

I cordially invite you to my blog, where you can find out what I’m doing at late night when my family members are sleeping.

Here are a couple of my favorite LO to share with you:




I`m very excited to host my new challenge this month.
 Last time you saw me at Berry 71 as a guest designer, now I will play with beautiful tags from Marivic every single month. Lucky me, you have a chance too.

For April I decided to make a challenge based on inspirational photo.


Since for some of us it`s a Spring time and Easter coming and some of us are already thinking about Autumn - flowers, yummy cake and nice palette can inspire you to work with us this month.

We are proud to say this month our sponsor for the challenge winner -The Scrap Cake - will provide beautiful new collection . Thank you Karola!
Perfect collection for any season!



Mini Prize for the winner:

Tag from BERRY71BLEU and other embellishments from ZEUS and ZOE Etsy Shops.


And a random draw from our new sister shop at etsy Zeus and Zoe.

One winner will get a set of buttons similar to this:


Everything started with a beautiful tag. It`s how it`s work at Berry71 ;)


I added  Prima papers and fussy cutting , chipboards from Wycinanka, some mists and acrylic paint , embossing powder and it`s what I achieved.



I aslo would like to show you couple easy ways  to treat chipboards.

First I put some gesso on all of them with a sponge.




Then I stamped two birdhouses with Archival ink /Sepia.






 I painted this branch with Ranger Distress crackle paint / tea dye.


With biger branches - after painting with gesso I just added green embossing powder and used hit over.
Smaller ones are treated only with acrylic paint.


This cute egg from Wycinanka was only painted with arcylic paint, two shades of pink.
 Later on egg and two bird houses were covered with transparent embossing powder.




I hope our photo will inspire you this month and you will share with us your beautiful creations soon.
Please consider turning off your word verifications, we would love to visit you all and leave some love.
Have fun and visit us soon again , all DT members will show you every  couple of days what thay created.
If you wish to visit me you are also very welcome - Bellaideascrapology


RULES:

You are allowed to make any project as long as you follow the theme or challenge of the month.

This challenge is open to anyone. International members are also encouraged to join the challenge as well. Pls post your ACTUAL project post using the link tool on the sidebar and not the link to your blog. If you can, please, turn off your word verification.

You can submit as many projects as you would like. All entries must be received by April 30th Central Standard Time.

14 comments:

  1. Lovely work!!! Thank you for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful lo you've created and your favorite lo's are just beautiful as well. Awesome tutorial and fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful post & lovely to read all about you as well as seeing your delightful work too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stories and your wonderful layout with Marivic's awesome tags!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your work Agniesgska! Great page with the tag and great tutorial! I will participate on this challenge for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects!!
    Fun color combo challenge and amazing RAK!!
    One of my favorite things to do is stamp and paint on chipboard!!
    Love your tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it really is a beautiful page. loved what you did with the chipboards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun to read the intro to yourself, thanks for all the little personal details you've shared! So much yumminess in your post Agnieszka, very beautiful pages - can understand why they are your faves. Wow! love the inspo photo too, totally delish! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. So nice to learn a little about you Agnieszka and I love the tutorial. Your challenge LO is beautiful and I love your favourite pages too... Fantastic post!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! love the long intro, makes me so much more interested in your work when I get to know you a little :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bellaidea, lovely to see your work and that you are hosting the challenge! The challenge looks awesome...I will definitely be taking part.I love that inspirational photo..and the prize is just wonderful from the Scrap Cake and Berry Bleu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Love how you used the tag and all of your wonderful chippie techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful layouts and a wonderful inspirational picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are stunning layouts!
    Adore all the beautiful paper & embellishments, so many wonderful details to look at here! Awesome job!
    & such a yummy prize :)))!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...