Wednesday, May 02, 2012

May Challenge by Amanda

Happy May! My name is Amanda Aveiro (aka Qweenofthecrop in the virtual world). I am beyond excited to be on the Berry71bleu design team! I am 38 years old and have been married for almost 19 years. My dear husband, John, puts up with my scrapbook addiction very well! We have two teenagers, Cody who is 18 and Chloe who is 14. Besides scrapbooking I enjoy hiking, target shooting, gardening, reading and I love movies. I also love to travel, when I have the time and money! I just ended a 15 year career in banking, and have been enjoying a change of pace by working at Cabela’s. For those who don’t know Cabela’s, it is a hunting/fishing/outdoor megastore based in the United States.
It is a really fun place to work. Hey enough about me, lets get on to this months challenge on Berry71bleu....

In honor of Mother’s Day I am centering the challenge around your favorite quote/poem/song about Mother’s. Here are some examples, feel free to use them if you like!

 “All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel mother” ~ Abraham Lincoln

Mother, the ribbons of your love are woven around my heart.

“ A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, ‘where mother is’. “ ~ Keith Brooks

A mothers heart is a patch work of love.

 “ A mothers happiness is like a beacon, lighting up the future but reflected also on the past in the guise of fond memories.” ~ Honore de Balzac

 “ What are Raphael’s Madonna’s but the shadow of a mothers love, fixed in permanent outline forever?” ~ Thomas Wentworth Higginson

 Or if you prefer songs:

 Coat of Many Colors – Dolly Parton

 Somebody’s Hero – Jamie O’Neal

 I Hope You Dance – Lee Ann Womack

 Dear Mama – 2Pac

 A song for Mama – Boyz II Men

 I have made up a short tutorial on the Dusty Attic chipboard piece in my layout here is a link:


 Here is my layout, featuring another song about Mom’s from Disney’s Tarzan: You’ll be in my heart and of course, a BEAUTIFUL tag from Berry71bleu!!!


          Here are some of my favorite layouts, of my kids when they were little and my husband.







Hope everyone enjoys this months challenge, I can’t wait to see what you all come up with! Happy scrapping! ~ Amanda

As always there are a few basic rules to follow:


RULES:

 1. You are allowed to make a card, layout or altered/off the page project as long as you follow the theme or challenge of the month.

 2. This challenge is open to anyone anywhere in the world.

 3. Pls post your ACTUAL project post using the link tool on the sidebar and DO NOT link to your ENTIRE blog.

 4. Please SERIOUSLY CONSIDER turning off your word verification if comments are important to you:)

 5. You can submit as many projects as you would like and combine your entry with other challenges.

 6. Please mention in your blog post that you are playing along at Berry 71 Bleu TOGETHER with a link back to our blog. Thank you!

 7. All entries must be received by MIDNIGHT May 31st Central Standard Time. Winner of the challenge will receive a prize collection kit from our sponsor this month.




Les Papiers de Pandore. Scrapbooking papers from France has provided us beautiful prize from their new collection called "The scent of Camelias"
Visit their website HERE.

Another winner will receive this prize pack from Zeus and Zoe and Berry71bleu Etsy Shops:






If you have any questions about the challenge, pls don't hesitate to email us at berry71bleu@gmail.com. Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see your projects this month.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome layouts and gorgeous prizes, think I need to join the challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work, Amanda! Great challenge too, I`m ready:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome challenge and lovely pages too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect challenge for mother's day, and your example layout is gorgeous! Such a beautiful photo and wonderful heartfelt layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda your layout is really beautiful as are the others you showed too! I love your challenge and I love your tutorial - really great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ADORE your Challenge LO Amanda and your tutorial is fantastic.. I love that the ink bled!! Your other creations are beautiful too!! My project is all ready to go for this month.. thanks for the inspiration :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What pretty creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful examples to get the inspiration flowing - I hope to play along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments! We really appreciate you stopping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...